Is Apprenticeship Randolph Right For My Teen?
As a parent, you know your teen best. You want them to have a unique learning experience that prepares them to become a next-generation leader — that’s why you chose a high school education that was tailored to meet their learning goals. Apprenticeship can serve as an extension of that experience and offers a distinctive path to finding professional and personal success. What kind of opportunities can it offer your private or charter school student?
A College Degree with No Debt
With an apprenticeship your student will:
- Earn a college degree with no debt
- Get paid to learn valuable skills
- Become ready for career advancement
- Gain experience in an advanced field of interest
Jumpstart Financial Stability
High school students are able to start the 4-year apprenticeship program the summer after their junior or senior year. Apprenticeships let students pursue a self-supporting and promising career path by allowing them to:
- Start college classes while still in high school, at no cost
- Earn pay while learning on the job and during time attending college classes
- Get hands-on training that will prepare them for career advancement
- Develop valuable skills that support career goals
Personal and Professional Skills for Life
As a parent, you realize navigating adulthood isn’t just about knowledge, but it also includes personal skills. During an apprenticeship, students benefit from one-on-one mentorship with an experienced professional from a trending industry. The program is designed to help them learn:
Where will apprenticeship take your teen?
Watch this video and find out how other students are finding success with apprenticeship in Randolph County.
Put Them on the Path to a Promising Career
Download our Apprenticeship Brochure and talk with your teen about their career goals. Explore apprenticeship opportunities in a wide range of fields, from information technology to robotics and advanced manufacturing.