Is Apprenticeship Right For My High School Student?
As a parent, you want your teen to have a valuable learning experience so that when they step out of the classroom, they are prepared with the life skills they need to find professional and personal success. What can apprenticeship offer them that other career pathways can’t?
A Promising Career and College with No Debt
With an apprenticeship your student will:
- Earn a college degree with no debt
- Get paid to learn valuable skills
- Become ready for career advancement
- Gain experience in an advanced field of interest
Jumpstart Financial Stability
High school students are able to start the 4-year apprenticeship program the summer after their junior or senior year. Apprenticeships let students pursue a self-supporting and promising career path by allowing them to:
- Start college classes while still in high school, at no cost
- Earn pay while learning on the job and during time attending college classes
- Get hands-on training that will prepare them for career advancement
- Develop valuable skills that support career goals
Personal and Professional Skills for Life
As a parent, you realize navigating adulthood isn’t just about knowledge, but it also includes personal skills. During an apprenticeship, students benefit from one-on-one mentorship with an experienced professional from a trending industry. The program is designed to help them learn:
Where will apprenticeship take your teen?
Watch this video and find out how other students are finding success with apprenticeship in Randolph County.
Put Them on the Path to a Promising Career
Download our Apprenticeship Brochure and talk with your teen about their career goals. Explore apprenticeship opportunities in a wide range of fields, from information technology to robotics and advanced manufacturing.